Yaaayyy!!! It’s the first real blizzard in 2016! Awesome sauce! Praying that everyone is safe and warm because we are expecting 3 days of white Christmas lol Now as you know, being stuck at home in the blizzard could be a good thing…but it could also get you Caught Up! Yea I know you’re bundled all snuggly with the ones you love, you have your fireplace going and your hot cocoa all lined up, buuuuut you have to be careful with those bitter sweet moments of “Stuck in the house” bliss; because once you hit day two, getting Caught up is super easy to do! Now, what do I mean by “Caught up”? I’m glad you asked! Being Caught up is another way of saying you’ve fallen into the Winter blues! Sitting in the house with too much idle time, eating everything in sight and not being productive (other than pressing the buttons on your remote). We can NOT afford to fall into the Winter Blues people! Ok, Ok so because I know you would do the same for me, I’ll list some things you can do as alternatives…
- Journaling: This is always therapeutic. Being snowed in for a few days should help you to release a lot of thoughts. It’s always good to have a clear mind!
- Exercise videos: If you have cable, on demand has a lot of exercise, yoga and dance videos that will keep you on your toes and could be fun for the family.
- Create a Vision board: Now that you have a moment of peace, focus on your goals and create a vision board as a tool to keep you on point.
- Read: This is the perfect time to catch up on some reading. Kindle books are awesome, but there’s nothing like the crisp feel of the paper as you read through each awesome chapter!
- Schedule Future Engagements: Take some time to reflect on all the things you have mentally planned for 2016 and put them on the schedule. (Family time, vacations, events, bills.)
- Make a funny video or documentary: You’re not the only one that’s stuck inside with the “Winter Blues”, so why not make a few videos on how you and your family survived and put some funny moments in there. You never know, your video could end up on t.v.!
- Get Paid: Believe it or not there are a lot of online companies out there such as Google, Yahoo and a bunch of other vendors looking to pay you for some quick data entry work or editing work.
- Spiritual Intake: The Bible app has a lot of awesome bible plans that help to make you a better person, parent, friend and child of God. Spending intimate time with the Father is ALWAYS good and therapeutic.
- Reach Out: Days go by so quickly in this microwave World we live in where everything is go, go, go; we barely get time to really reach out to loved ones, extended family and friends. Give someone a love call, just to see how they’re doing and let them know you’re thinking of them. That one call could mean the World to them. Remember, tomorrow isn’t promised!
- Enjoy the ones you love: While this may seem like the most common option, to some it’s the most vital. Some of us very rarely get time to spend with our family due to our working schedules, school schedules or just the tussle of life itself. Take this time to play a few games such as “Get to know you” which is a game that gives everyone a chance to catch up on things about the other person like their favorite activity, things of interest etc.
Being stuck in the house doesn’t have to cause you to gain weight, fall off track or be bored out of your mind. There are so many things you can do to make your stay in productive! If you need more ideas pinterest has awesome choices and feel free to contact me, I love dishing out fun things to do!-BiancaLynnette firstname.lastname@example.org